Holy cow! You guys send so many packages hahaha! (Don't take that to mean I don't like it, I definitely do!!!) I like those flat rate envelopes because there's no duty fee. Just don't spend too much! Tell Grandpa thank you thank you thank you! We could use lights :) And yeah I have tons of batteries still. The only thing I have that uses them is my camera. And I've only gone through 1 pair.
Good! I'm glad to hear Jen got to sing :) That makes me so happy. Also, tell her not to worry about replying to my e-mail so quickly, she can reply whenever she wants. Life is stressful and I remember how stressed I was in high school!
Haha tell Grandma thank you for saying I sound like a real missionary now. But seriously she should read it! It's a great book! And so should grandpa. He always has liked history books about native americans and well.....The Book of Mormon is the best source of info on where they came from!
Yes! Putting the Book of Mormon together is way fun! I bought a tiny book and it'll be the most powerful pocket resource for scriptures/The Book of Mormon/Missionary tool of all time. Maybe I'll publish it.... heehee. I'll tell you more as I write it!
Baptisms here literally exactly the same as they are there. We have a font in our chapel and we just have an opening hymn, prayer, spiritual thought, baptism, and then closing hymn and prayer. That's all! :)
By the way, 2 other missionaries just baptized 7 people yesterday. My companion and I were supposed to have one, but when we went on splits he wasn't there, so I don't know now. We keep trying to call him but his phone is off. His landlord actually kicked him out of the compound so now we have no clue where he is or what's going on :( But luckily right now we are preparing 5 people for baptism on Jan. 15th and we should be able to commit 4 more by then also! So it'll be niceeeeee.
Yeah I meant to tell you more about the mission president's visit but i didn't have time! Basically he just went over the mission rules and then gave an AWESOME lesson on the Plan of Salvation.
Sweet! Glad to hear Jacob had a nice open house! And no I didn't get Mike's letter yet :( but hopefully I will soon. Tell him that I miss him and I am actually going to send him a letter about 10 minutes after this email is sent (I already have it written I just gotta go to the post). And I'm SUPER glad Jacob got my letter before he left! Phew! I hope he liked it.
SWEET! I love getting Aaron's blog :) I'm glad he is enjoying being out on the field. It's such an awesome experience!
Here's the interesting things from this week:
-I never said it before, but it's about a 45 minute walk JUST to get to my area. And then another 10 minutes to get to most investigators. And our area is HUGE so it's hard to fit more than 4 lessons in a day because we need to make time to eat, and to walk to each town for our investigators.
-Ballfloats......they.....are......the....best....thing.....about....Ghana.......Look them up :) There's one lady that has a route she walks everyday and she has HUGE ones and she even butters them up and they're only 50 pesewas. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
-An investigator has been coming to church all on his own and he is teaching his wife AND now he is teaching his friend and we have had a few lessons with both of them too! He is the kind of guy who would talk to EVERYbody he knows and tells them about the Gospel he has discovered. It's so cool! He'll be baptized for SURE.
-My Twi is getting better and better. Ghanaians always laugh though when we speak Twi, because they never expect it. I still think it should have mentioned Twi as a language to learn in our missions calls.....because there's a lot of people we just can't teach because they don't speak English.
-I bought a guitar....yeah I know. Sorry. But it was only 40 cedis!! THAT'S ONLY LIKE 30 DOLLARS!!!!! I couldn't turn it down. It's travel size, and came with a case, and extra strings, and picks! I actually just got it like 1 hour ago heehee. I found out it is allowed, we just can't BRING them to the mission. YES I'M SO EXCITED. I just don't know how I'll get it home in 2 years.....hmmmm......oh well. Worse comes to worse I'll just sell it to another Elder before I go.
So yeah! That's about it guys! I hope everything is going well over there! Thank you for all you are doing from home :) I really do appreciate it. I'm suffering, BUT I still love it. It's awesome. We always just talk about how valuable it will be for the rest of our lives. We will never take anything for granted EVER AGAIN. EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRR. Haha. Love you guys!
Love,
Elder Gagne
