My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, February 6, 2012

"I Want to Be Like Them Someday"

Hey guys!

Whoa busy week! Wish I had time to respond and give my 2 cents on each thing!

Tell Brother Madsen to go ahead and write me. I was gonna send him a letter today but we had to rush out of our apartment (we are going to Piri Piri's again! YEAHHH PIZZAAAAAAAAA!!!!!) I will send him one for sure this wednesday.

That's a cool story that you found Mom's videos! Even the smallest prayers are answered!

Aww mannn Giants won? I was hoping for the Patriots. Everyone here was like WHATT BUT YOU'RE FROM NY YOU SHOULD WANT THE GIANTS!!! haha

Oh trust me I'm not worried about TB really. If it ever got bad at all they would treat me for it. And I kinda figured Elders were exaggerating anyway....

The Mission President and has some books on doctrine and stuff. The zone leaders were telling us how every time they go to the mission home for Zone Council they quickly read as much from them as they can and ask Pres. Shulz a million questions haha!

Yeah hopefully you guys get my letter soon! It should have tons of stuff I found out! Don't worry guys, I'm not letting it distract me whatsoever. I just thought it was something interesting you could look into so when I come back you can tell me all about it! I know I'm supposed to focus on the basics.

ANSWERS TO THE Q'S:

The only things you have sent me that I didn't really need (that I can remember) is the milk satchets. I can get that stuff here. In fact it's ALL they have here. When I get home I will ENJOY MILK HARDCORE. Because there is no such thing here. Their cows are wimpy ugly things. They are almost like camels.

I start training the new missionary on wednesday! I'm gonna miss Elder Nelson. We actually got the transfer calls on saturday! Elder Holder and I are staying to train two new americans (Names unknown yet)

As for missionary work. We finally had our first baptism yesterday. He was actually supposed to be baptized the 3rd week I was even here. But he failed us twice. But he finally made it! Unfortunately I never really taught him. Like by the time I even got here he had already been taught everything. So we only visited him and stuff. So he had Elder Wheeler baptize him. (Elder Wheeler taught him 6 months ago) We were supposed to baptize 4 others, but they all missed church last week and could not be baptized this week, and Kader is moving to Sunyani for work (3 hour drive). He will still travel alllll the way to Asuoyeboa to be baptized though. And his wife still lives here too. The other 4 will be baptized on the 19th!

As for our investigators. A lot of them are truly finally ready to be baptized (figures it's after Elder Nelson is leaving them!) But there is one boy (he is 24) and he said he was at a bus station once and saw a couple Elders and said, "I wanna be just like them someday". So we are teaching him and he loves the Gospel and will be baptized the 19th. He will also serve a mission a year after he is baptized :) The others who are going to be baptized are Frank, Kader and Selina, and Janet. Janet is a sweet girl from Togo. She only speaks French and Ewe (language from Volta Region of Ghana). She speaks small small English and Twi. But her sister translates for us. She is only 18 and has been coming to church for months but we never knew she wasn't a member! So now she is going to be baptized!

Yes I'm taking pictures :) I'm sending a lot more today too! (Since we finally came to town)

I am still feeling super great! I hate being sweaty everyday but I'm used to it. Days that all our investigators fail us stink and I'm miserable, but when we get a day full of lessons I feel happy and productive.

Yes we are still fed by members (too much!) and I am still getting fat. It stinks. I want to be skinny again! (I am gaining muscle on my arms though)

Our power is stable now and so is our water. Thanks though! :) It was just a bad meter. Like the power rarely goes out naturally, but our meter was causing our credit to run dry in minutes.

Things from my week!:

-I already told you most of the stuff :P

-That's actually all I can think of! I'm just gonna send you tons of pictures now :)