Family! :D
I received letters from Grandma, Aaron, and a girl who followed me on Tumblr. (and maybe one more person but I don't remember! AH!)
Elder Slade is from Alpine Utah. Yeah he's a pretty chill guy.
It's true, when you are feeling the spirit or just doing the work of the Lord that's when Satan is going to try his hardest to stop you or scare you. But I just shrug it off like, "hah....you can't do anything you."
YES! Out of the 5 we had scheduled only 2 worked out. One couple was unable to get things worked out in time, and one person just didn't show up to his interview (he somehow had an excuse though, he got jumped and robbed in town and they took 20 cedis and his cellphone). BUT James and Janet were able to be baptized! And they both wanted me to do it so I did :) I'll be sending you the pictures in a minute!
Heyyyy I know Elder Eldridge! Yeah he actually served here in Kumasi just until 2 weeks ago. Now he's an office elder). That's cool to hear people like my blog and the things I write! It encourages me to keep trying to write about my experiences and keep going strong!
I'm glad my blog looks, "sweet!" But I wouldn't say that anymore I would be saying, "sweet-ohhhhh!!!!" (Ghanaian slang) hahaha. Keep up the good work mom! :)
Elder Slade does have a blog, so I guess you can try to search for it. He didn't make it so I don't know what it's called. And also yeah, he knows about Teen Titans haha. That was one of the first things I said to him. WHOA SLADE LIKE THE SLADE IN TEEN TITANS!!!.
I honestly don't know the guidelines for the blogs. I would assume you could put investigators first names on there, just because that doesn't say enough to tell anyone anything. As for Elders, I'm not sure. It's up to you I guess :P
Awww I wish I could see "Will in a dress" haha (Brian is referring to his Young Men's President's new baby daughter who looks exactly like her brother Will). Please tell Bro. Mad. that I sent him a letter so hopefully he'll get it soon! I also sent one to grandma and grandpa. Next week I'll send one to Aaron and hopefully Jacob and a couple girls from Tumblr that wrote me.
SWEET! I love you guys! More packages the better :) As for the 2 you sent with the legos, I will probably be getting them tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then Friday. If not friday, then they probably won't get to me haha.
Dang that's dumb that school's find it appropriate to read books like that (Brian is referring to a book that his sister refused to read in High School due to inappropriae language). Was the book that was assigned have something to do with a guy in the army/military? If so, then I know what book it was. It's a dumb book. I think it's called, "The Things They Carried". Luckily I didn't have to read it.
Items from my week:
-BAPTISM! That's about it. Nothing else interesting happened.
Ummm.......there was a storm. OH that actually reminds me! When it stormed, our window panels (that's what we have for windows, just panels that can tilt up and down. Just look at the pictures of our apartment I sent before) were tilted up, so all of a sudden the rain starts literally SHOOTING UP AT THE CEILING (it got really dirty because of that)! And I saw it but Elder Slade was in the kitchen so I just yell WHOAAA and I ran at the windows to shut them and the rain was literally shooting UP AT MY FACE and it was getting my soaked and then Elder Slade ran in and was like, "ELDER GAGNE THE CEILING IS COLLAPSING!!!!" And he started freaking out and I was like AHHHHHH I GOTTA SHUT THE WINDOWS THOUGH!!!! SO I did and ran back and looked and the ceiling was totally fine....someone even lives above us. He was seeing things.
But I got really dirty (the rain is nasty. It collects the dust on the way down. Rainy season won't be like that though).
That's all! I'm just gonna send some pics now :)
-Love Elder Gagne

