My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Rat Traps? Who Needs Em!


Hey guys!
Don't worry about my hand it's 100% better :) My hand being better was part of that "I'm feeling 100% better" last week. Sorry I wasn't clear hahaha.
Yeah the mountain hike was WAY cool. Both the hikes I've gone on so far have been my 2 favorite P-day activities so far. I just love hiking. That's why my 3rd or 4th back-up job is being a ranger in the Adirondacks haha.
Still didn't get Grandma's letter. But I haven't met with the Zone Leaders since Zone Conference. I'll be meeting them tomorrow so maybe I'll have mail. We shall see.
Wow 3 packages?! I actually was hoping maybe you haven't sent them yet because I need some other things I've been forgetting to mention. Like I really need a new small journal (remember you sent me 2 last time, one big one and then a smaller one? Similar to the address book I brought?). I'm afraid the one I have will be full before I get a new one! So I need it quickly and I looked for one in town but they do NOT exist here in Ghana haha. I also need another bottle of Neutrogena Oil-free Acne-Wash. I also need a spiral notebook. Just a simple one. My 2 study journals are full. And the only notebooks they sell here are crappy cardboard paper things that just fall apart.
Sweet you guys are just behind where I am in the Book of Mormon right now! As a missionary, the story of Alma and Amulek vs. Zeezrom is extremely good to study. Because the way that they respond and explain doctrines are the way we should model our teachings. But even better is how Ammon teaches King Lamoni. Because he truly teaches to understanding. Ammon knows Lamoni doesn't understand the nature of God. And when he teaches him, he asks him if he believes in God. And Lamoni says that he believes in a "Great Spirit". Now obviously God is not a spirit. But Ammon continues to use the term Great Spirit for God while teaching Lamoni so he can understand. Realizing that really made me notice that we don't have to answer everyone's questions the way we would answer a member. We should explain things in a way they can understand at their level, until we get to the point we can explain further. Which Ammon does when he explains the Great Spirit IS God. And then teaches the Plan of Salvation from the scriptures. I love studying. Just when you think you know something, you realize you don't. Hahaha.
Items from my week:

-Totally demolished another rat. Pics on the way. I hit it with (surprise) a broom stick. But a different stick than the last one! :D I've now sent 3 poor rats to spirit paradise.....Elder Madorobo was like, "YOU'LL BE JUDGED FOR THAT." Hahahahaha. Rat traps? Who needs em? I'll get them faster than rat traps do. I'm getting skills now. I don't just hit the ground repeatedly with the stick, I wait and aim and then lunge at it and when I did it this time it slid halfway across the room leaving a trail of blood! HAHAHA IT WAS AWESOME.
-A convert and her daughter Yvette will be baptized on Saturday. We werefinally were able to talk to her husband and explain that we DON'T CALL SAINTS (this is the biggest problem we encounter. The cause of this rumor is from the pastors and prophets of EVERY OTHER CHURCH. Satan is behind all of it no doubt. He's good at leading away the hearts of many.). Once we explained to him what saints means, he was happy to allow them to be baptized! I call her and her sisters "The Sisterhood" because they live together, do everything together, go to church together (now), and are all super awesome active powerful converts :)
-We had an extra successful week this week numbers wise. We beat almost every single one of our goals! God blessed us for sure. Because we've been struggling getting new investigators pretty badly, but now we have a bunch!


Well that's it for this week! Love you guys! Enjoy the pictures I'll send!
-Elder Gagne