My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Epistle to the Dead Letter Writers

Hey guys,
My week was one of the slowest weeks so far on mission, so it'll be short haha.

Yeah almost my year mark! But I already passed my halfway mark, because I'll be coming home sometime around Oct. 8th :D

CAN'T WAIT FOR HAMBURGERS. AND SUBWAY. AND FROSTYSHAKES......please tell me Wendy's still has those?

I saw a writing called, "The Elders First Epistle to the Dead Letter Writers" (click on this link) maybe you guys can still look it up and laugh. It's not directed to you guys but maybe you can put it on my blog  for some of my "friends" to read hahaha. (link is also to the right of this blog under Mailing info). Also, try to see if you can figure out which scriptures they used for each of the chapters ;)

I actually had a cool service project doing farming and weeding for a recent convert in Meduma part of my district in my zone). I got a way cool picture of me weeding with a cutlass (that's how they do it here)

It's okay, one member I know who has high-tech stuff, put the sessions on the flash drive I brought and I also have a "music angel" (small stereo type thing) I bought here that plays MP3s from a flash drive. So I can listen to it. I put all the CD's you sent me on the flash drive too. So I listened to the Saturday morning session, and the Priesthood session. It was great. I had never been so excited to listen to conference before. I hope I keep that excitement even after I come back home. I love hearing from the prophet and the Lord's other called servants.

Alma's testimony of his conversion to Helaman is one of the MOST powerful scriptures in the Book of Mormon to me. The language and words he uses really helps you feel how he felt. It's so dramatic.

Unfortunately I really have very little time left (I e-mailed late today and the place is closing), so I can't comment on everything you sent :( I'll try to send some pictures though.

-Boring week

-Look up the story of "Zelph" from Church History and tell Grandpa about it. I'm sure that's where the Onondaga tribe of the Indians comes from.

That's all guys. Sorry for the EXTREMELY short e-mail.
-Elder Gagne