Hey guys!
Yeah, only one transfer so far. It's not too abnormal, but I'll most likely
get transferred this next transfer.
Yeah I'm going to really miss Elder Francom. But he'll be enjoying in South
Africa!
Mike got a Jeep?! Wow. Haha. I have
no idea what's going on with him. I don't even know where he is living right now
to send him a letter!
Glad to hear people are being added to the Ward! Hope they keep coming. And
also really try to fellowship the new members. I didn't realize how important
fellowshipping is until I started bringing people to church. When members don't
fellowship or talk to or befriend our investigators, they almost NEVER last. And
it makes it SO awkward for the new members and stuff. But you guys are doing a good job
it sounds like, especially with dad helping to move for that new family.
Got grandma's letter! No packages yet. I'll let ya know when I get them. I
also received a letter from the DeMarco's! So tell them thanks for me! I'm
terrible with writing letters......
Items from my week:
-Could you guys send like a book or something similar to a journal? Not
expensive, or anything leather like my journal, but I want to start writing like
a doctrinal book of sorts. I want to use my study journals and collect the stuff
I've written along with my thoughts and start organizing them into a book or
something. I just keep feeling like writing all this stuff down, but not as
notes. Like I wanna write a book style for everything I think of and all my
ideas.
-Hi Jen, sorry I don't say much to you specifically lately! But thanks for
your e-mail! I'll try to e-mail back next week! Keep up the good work. Enjoy
school. Enjoy Mrs. Meskutovecz. She's awesomeeeeeee. Enjoy your play you got the
lead in! Proud of you!
-Guys, how is Tango? Haven't heard anything about him lately. Can you send
a picture? I miss the mutt.
-Rumor around town is "obruni oti Twi!" Seriously, I've been learning it
way faster lately (still nowhere near fluent though). Everytime I visit "The
Sisterhood" I just ask them how to say things and stuff. But I can write and
spell and read Twi now. I just don't always understand what I'm reading. But I
know all the sounds and the alphabet and how the letters sound when they're put
together. So when I hear a new word, I can even spell it out. But I've been
speaking it so much to people that everytime I get on trotro's and stuff, people
will be "konkonsa"'ing (gossiping) as I get on saying to their friends stuff
like, "hey, obruni oti Twi paaaa"(white man understand Twi a lot) Then the other
friend says, "sa?!" (really?!) Then the other will nod and I'll sit down and
just say "Me pawokyew ain" (please yes) and they'll be like HEYYYYYYYYYYY and
then we'll have a small conversation haha.
-Sorry I forgot I'd be giving random Ghana facts every week! I have a bunch
written down on my last planner, so I'll write them again on my new one so I can
start that again. I can't remember them right now haha. They're mostly funny
things.
-Thank you for all the FHE's we had and for always encouraging eating
around the dinner table. I didn't appreciate it until I came here and NOONE eats
together. It's kind of part of the culture, so it's hard to get them to eat
together. But, that's all a part of accepting and embracing the gospel culture,
and leaving behind your native culture. Same goes for ANY culture around the
world. We should let go of local traditions an customs that don't apply or agree
with the Gospel.
Anyway, that's all. Thanks so much you guys for everything!
-Elder Gagne
