My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Homecooked Meals = Heaven

Hello family!

Yeah, after I left the mission home on wednesday morning my taxi driver told me Obama won. Worst taxi ride ever. I spent the rest of the ride brooding and being angry. It's all good though.
Saying Goodbye to Elder Sharma

The training meeting was sweet! Yeah I had like 3 homecooked meals and it was like HEAVEN hahaha. We also slept in an air conditioned room. What is really cool right now is that everyone in the "Wheeler family" is training right now! Wheeler is training, I'm training, AND Slade is halfway through training a missionary! It's awesome! Wheeler's family is getting huge. It's because he has extremely righteous posterity haha.

My new companion/trainee is an Elder from South Africa. He's a powerful missionary. He already teaches like he's been on mission for 6 months. I love teaching with him.  I'm excited to serve with him.

SWEET thanks so much guys for the Christmas packages! And tell Grandpa and Grandma thanks too! You should try to have them over for Christmas so I can Skype with them too!

I did get my pants hemmed. They fit nicely now. Don't stress too much about finding pants though. I'll survive. It's Ghana haha.

The Zolls are not replaced, and I don't think they will be. They were in Kumasi because Shulz was not able to maintain a presence up here, but now that Holmes is here, having a mission couple in Kumasi is not totally necessary. There's a new couple coming in Feb. but I think they'll replace the Thanes (a couple in Sunyani) as they're leaving soon, and Sunyani is far so Holmes can't maintain a constant presence there either.

Yep, I still use the perfect-pushups (exercise equipment) and the recorder. I now have a really buff chest haha. My stomach is still something I'm struggling on, but guys I'm super proud of my chest right now hahaha.

Same apartment. Same rats.

I'm 99% sure we'll skype for christmas. As for it being ON Christmas I'm not sure. We'll see.

Items from my week:

- A progressing investigator came to church on sunday and we taught him after church. It was a GREAT lesson and the spirit was there. We have tried giving him a baptismal date before but he wasn't sure yet, so this time we just reviewed about the Book of Mormon and taught how it compares to the Bible. But lately, his old church pastors have been visiting him and he's now getting very confused about what church is true. We taught again about reading and praying and he really seemed confident God would answer him. He's one of the most humble guys I've ever met. I love him.

-Things in our area are picking up small small. I'll tell you how it goes. but not much else happened this week. Just transfers and the training meeting :)

LOVE YOU GUYS!

-Elder Gagne