Hey family!
No no I still don't know my last companion, only my second to last. After Elder White goes home, I'll have another companion for 6 weeks and then I'll come home!
Yeah, I still have faith in this area. We also saw that video of Pres. Monson talking about St. Thomas. We have all received copies and are supposed to show them to each of our individual group leaders/branch presidents/bishops.
TANGO
(Elder Gagne's dog)IS BEING DIVINELY PRESERVED SO I CAN SEE HIM AGAIN!
Oh good, I'd also like to make sure the job is set up for when I return. I'm definitely 100% interested in returning...
Good luck with the reception and grad party!
MOM, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 










Items from my
week:
-First of all, this week was zone conference in Techiman,
which we left for on July 3rd. Let me give more details...
1. Tuesday
night Elder White and I stayed up ALL night since we have to wake up at 2 in the
morning to get ready to leave anyway.
2. Left Tamale at 4 in the morning
on the metro-mass ("sweatro-mass") bus.
3. Rode 7 hours to Techiman.
Very cramped.
4. Arrived in Techiman (Techiman opened only 3 weeks ago,
and 8 missionaries were sent there just like Tamale was, but they are having 15
baptisms coming up and average about 58 investigators at church each
week...)(Also Slade is on of the missionaries who opened there and is training
Elder Kolo from Tonga. SUPER COOL GUY).
5. Without getting to sleep
Slade made me go on a split with him and proselyte haha.
6. Returned in
the evening and slept.
7. Got woken up, tackled to the ground and
received 21 birthday lashes on my backside from a belt by Slade, Kolo, and many
others...
8.Slept again.
SO THAT'S HOW I SPENT MY BIRTHDAY!
THEN the next day we had the zone conference, dropped
Elder White, and picked up Elder Udo-Bassey, and then we left to return to
Tamale. ONLY a 207 bus (like an oversized EXTRA crappy and cramped tro-tro) was
available to go to Tamale...SOOOOO that was also REALLY crappy.
So
basically Elder White and I are kindred spirits and are doing our best to promote President Holmes's
admonition to "create a culture of obedience".
So let's
just pray something miraculous not only happens in Tamale, but to missionaries.
Love you guys! Don't worry about me. I'll survive haha.
-Elder
Gagne