Yeah we're getting along and working hard. Endure to the end right?
I'm excited to see all the guys again. Although I've been around so many guys for 2 years, I'm still excited to see all my best buds. I miss them a lot.
Church attendance this week was 12; 5 being
investigators. It was good!
-Soooooo probably not what you wanted to hear mom, but I
totally got robbed AGAIN! This time, it was 7 at night on tuesday, my companion and I were just walking down one of the side roads and a guy on a motorcycle drove really fast at us and as he passed by me he tried to swipe my scripture bag out of my arms! There was no way I was going to let that go down again, so I held tightly and he missed. He swooped his bike around, and jumped off and said, "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I almost laughed as I realized what this guy was doing. Plus it was funny that he shouted asking us what WE'RE doing as HE is coming to rob us. Anyway, I still felt valm. He ran at us and put his hand in his back pocket and said, "I have a gun! I'll shoot you! I'll shoot you! Give me everything!" I was holding the phone (it's the crappiest phones available in the world...) and he tried to grab it. We both discerned that this guy was a liar and totally did not have a gun and just had his hand in his back pocket. So I dodged him and wouldn't let him have the phone. He got frustrated. I almost
laughed. But then he took it, and started trying to take my companion's scriptures. I said loudly, "BRO. THAT'S A BIBLE." (according to my companion I really did say "BRO.") So he stopped trying to take it. Then he turned to me and made me give him my subsistence (40 cedis) and then grabbed my camera bag and started shouting, "WHAT'S IN HERE?! GIVE IT TO ME! I'LL SHOOT YOU!!!!" I said, "hold on, it's a camera, just let me take the card out." I got it out of the bag as he was scrambling all over me with his hand trying to grab the camera as soon
as I pulled it out, but I kept dodging him and popped the card out but then he grabbed the camera and the card fell on the ground. Then he said, "I'M COMING!" And he got on his motorcycle and drove off. So that was it. I was short a phone, 40 cedis (my only money I had left to eat with), and my camera. My companion went to the nearby house and called out the students inside. They came out and helped me. I got my card (SAVED MY PICTURES!) and made a call to President using their phone. He sent a new phone up and according to mission policy, I could only get reimbursed for 50% of my stolen subsistence. So I have to pull out some more personal money this week to survive. When I called him President just said, "wow. Sorry Elder. Does that happen a lot?" I said, "Well, only for me I guess." Haha. IT'S ALWAYS ME! No-one else in this mission that I know of has been robbed by locals, only by fellow missionaries. I've been robbed twice now! And had an attempted BEATING by another guy! I laughed about the robber the whole night. Only after he left did I think of like 200 other things I could have done. But oh well, Maybe he'll use the money he got from selling the stuff he stole to feed his family. I don't know. President told us we should have rebuked him with the Priesthood. WELL YOU DON'T EXACTLY THINK OF THAT DURING THE 10 SECONDS YOU'RE GETTING ROBBED. Haha. But, the Spirit never prompted us to do it, so I assume we
weren't meant to do it. Anyways, YEAH MOM DON'T WORRY.
Anyways we went and reported the theft at the police station the next morning.
-We baptized a convert this week. I did the actual baptism. I'll send pictures.
-I got the packages. Thank you so much. I really do almost instantly succumb to awesomeness and pass out every time I open a bag of those hot buffalo wing pretzels.
-That's all for my week.
Love you guys!
Be SAFE.
-Elder "surviving" Gagne
