My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Companion Before Coming Home!



Family!
I ate dog. Yes. This is dog meat. It was pretty good!
My companion has returned home! Well, he left for Kumasi at least. He will get home wednesday.   Since he left 1 week before transfer week, I had no companion for a week! So President got an awesome member from Penkwase to be with me for a week. He loved doctrine hahaha. I think I told you about him while I was still in Penkwase. LAST companion I'll ever have (on mission heh heh) is coming. His is from the U.S. That makes 4 American companions! That NEVER happens!  
I didn't really care for working out much back home, just liked playing sports. But now I like working out, I've used the perfect push-ups almost everyday and I'm now able to do the highest set they have listed as a work out. I have to now do the chair modification to make it more difficult. I was lifting the weight my companion had ever since we were both here in Tamale, but now he's gone and I have nothing to work my biceps with....oh well haha.

Please just check on HVCC and SCCC and BYU-I for me. I don't think my GPA would even be good enough right now though based on everything that happened before I left with changing my major.

Yeah when I was companions with Elder Sharma he told me about the skirts they wear in Fiji. I forgot the name of them. But missionaries actually wear those everyday in Fiji. That's what they wear instead of dress slacks! If i had a smock I could come to church in that since they consider that formal wear in Ghana as well. Butttt, I'm not really interested in one.

I almost forgot! We also had a baptism yesterday. Gertrude's (a recent convert) son. He will hopefully serve a mission in 5 years! 

Awesome Jen passed her driving test test on the first try! She didn't have to feel the extreme disappointment I did! I know why though, she trusted the Lord in prayer before going. I didn't even remember to do that. WHY DO LESSONS HAVE TO BE LEARNED THE HARD WAY?!?! Hahaha
Dad I'm happy you're teaching with the missionaries! It's so awesome. And I bet it brings back a lot of memories. You know...OLD memories....from....A LONGGGGGGG TIME AGO hahahahaha.

-Not much to report. Don't expect me to report much of what happens each week unless it's really interesting from now on because I'll just tell you in a few weeks once I come back!
Love you guys!
-Elder Gagne