My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh Yeah! One more Thing! (3 emails today)

Well first of all I would love to send letters but no-one has a clue how to do that from the MTC! So I'll have to stick to e-mail for the time being. Tell Aaron I'll write him once I actually get out on my mission. And wow that's crazy I can't believe I missed the snow! Grrrrr....And I KNEW HE WOULD DIE! TOTALLY CALLED IT! Glad Carl's alive :)
Tell Dad to please fin the USB. I brought one but it doesn't fit. The one I brought is those standard size USBs. My camera takes a smaller USB cord. I MAY upload some pictures, I have a plan.
Yes we are keeping very busy! We've been doing practice "teaching" with our instructors and we have to actually make appointments and go to them and teach them however we want. We are slowly learning things not to/to do. I'm so psyched to go teach in Cape Coast! All the African elders say it's really pretty there.  I am making good friends with so many of them. It's so awesome how they are exactly like us. Like I just thought maybe they'd have different personalities but they don't. It's awesome.

This whole thing is still so surreal for me. It doesn't feel like it's actually happening. The first few days were extremely rough for me. I wanted to just come home, I was really homesick. But I prayed a lot and I'm so happy I stayed. I love everything about this place. The food is sooo good now. I actually look forward to it. I even tried the fish (it wasn't good but I didn't hate it either). The Africans eat EVRYTHING! Like even the bones! I was like whaaaaaat?! But yeah we have lots of rice and pepper sauces. And beans. I'm not a huge fan of the beans..... There's also a soft drink we get called "Muscatella" it's delicious. Almost like cream soda. You should look it up and see if there's a way to get it near you.
Oh. along with my USB can you send me a new box of hair clippers? (the same exact ones please).....Sorry. I forgot to plug in my converter before plugging in the African plug, so the voltage difference totally fried my hair clippers. But someone else had some and I cut my hair even shorter. So HOT. But not to the point where I want to die. We actually have had a couple exercise days and I went out and played basketball with the American Elders and a couple african elders. Most of them don't really know how to play, but a couple of them are REALLY good. I have never been so sweaty in my life.
Anyway, today we visited the Accra temple. it was gorgeous. I got to see my companion get his own endowments. Almost all of the African elders needed their endowments too. because it's the ONLY temple around, and they can't afford to travel to it. I'll try to send you some pictures.
As for posting my blog on my facebook, just post the blog link on my wall. Tell Jen, she'll know what I mean :)
Anyway, Love you guys so much! I miss you all like crazy! I really do. I miss home, but I know I need to do this. Next time i can e-mail will be Sunday! Talk to you then!
I got another elder's USB and put the pictures on the computer and tried to attach them but it doesn't upload and just says, "fakepath" and a bunch of elders are having the same problem. So, I guess you'll have to wait to see pictures :( That's depressing, I was really looking forward to showing you guys all these pictures! (and one video of an African Elder pretending to be an American gangsta rapper....I couldn't help myself). Oh and that's the other thing. All the africans are like super surprised and think we are super rich because we have a washing machine and a car and a house. It's funny. I guess 1000 US dollars would be enough (once converted) to support a new business here. It's crazy. Anywaysss.....yeah that's all I have to say for now! So many stories but so little time!

Love you!
-Brian
I just wanted to say that it's incredible how much I've learned in so short a time. I can bring up scriptures by memory when I want and just use them. It's so awesome. One that helped me a lot so far is Matthew 11:28-30. And also, the hymn "I'll go where you want me to go". Because when I first got here, I thought, |why the heck am I getting sent here?! I want a normal mission. With normal food. And normal language." But then we sang that. And the lyrics for it were exactly what I needed to hear. I talked to my roomate about the whole thing and I guess he was feeling the same way on the first today (we all arrived at the same day, noone was here before us, so basically everyone here right now came together at the same time). But we both stuck it out. And now we are used to everything. This is the Lord's work. I shouldn't be selfish.
The accents. It's just like the lady from Pirates of the Carribean. Except even worse. But I can understand them now as if they were speaking plain english. We all get along so great.
There was one other thing I wanted to say but I can't remember! GRRRRR. Maybe I'll remember and write it down for Sunday.