Hey family! This week was very average.
No we have pretty much given up on finding the scriptures. I haven't really looked for a keychain either so I don't know. I'll get one eventually no problem.
As for baptisms and investigators, we have 1 baptism this sunday. We were supposed to have 4, but Esther didn't come to church (she is still too dedicated to her church's choir). We do have Esther rescheduled for Feb 5th along with a new guy named Frank who is SUPER chill. He came to church all by himself it was sweet. He's a super young guy, 23 I think. And Kader and Selina should be ready by Feb 5th as well. We have a couple other people who are almost ready to get a b.date too.
It's true. We explain to people everyday how baptism includes a promise to take upon yourself Jesus Christ's name. Everyday we must act and do as He would do.
I am EXTREMELY happy to hear you guys are reading every night! :) My only regret is not having that initiative to do that when I was there with you guys. But the fact that you guys are doing that and growing closer to our Heavenly Father and increasing your knowledge is proof that you are being blessed for what I am doing, and that gives me extra determination to do well out here!
Awww man sorry to hear about volleyball (Brian's referring to our church's young women's volleyball, which we don't have enough for a full team).
Oh Tango.....I miss him and his dopey ways hahahaha. He better stay alive!
I did get a letter from Schuyler right before Christmas and I have already sent one back so you an tell her that thank you :) Also, make sure she knows that normally letters won't get to me that fast, because she wrote it on the 2nd and I got it on the 20th and it's only because the offices were on overdrive for christmas so everyone would get their packages and letters.
Yeah I got the 2 packages like 2 days after Christmas and the other 3 haven't come yet, but I have also created ANOTHER list hee hee hee:
-Bleach Pen (NEED THIS!!! Washing shirts by hand does not get a lot of stains out whatsoever) -Legos (They would be fun to just have haha, just send however many you feel like sending from my box. But enough to actually play with haha)
-Can you check and see if there's a way to get like, powdered white cranberry strawberry Ocean Spray juice? Because I miss it hardcore!!!
Jen will get a part for sure no worries haha. That sounds like a sweet play though! It's gonna need some sweet sets and costumes!
Thanks for sending Jacob and Aaron's blogs! Haha Jacob's (see Elder DeMarco link on this blog) is so typical of him. What a tard hahahaha. I'm gonna tell the guys about that story.
Important things from this week:
-Order "The Testaments". I forgot to tell you about that movie when we watched it at the MTC. It's basically the best actual church produced film ever made. Like it feels like a real movie with a villain and main character and love interest and everything. I recommend it as a good FHE movie.
-I got to play some drums! Since all the churches here have drums, I heard a kid practicing alone one day so we walked in and he let me play a little haha. It was sweet. They don't have rock beats here at ALLLL so he was like whhaaaaaaaatttttt.
-This one investigator that Elders Wheeler and Holder had thought that America "was up". She thought the reason you needed to get in a plane to go to America was because it is floating above Ghana.....yeah......sad thing is, if you actually asked most people here, they would say the same thing. Haha it's so funny. They also all think they are black because of the sun, so they tell us the "african sun will force us black". And they think if they came to America the snow will turn them white. LOL. Our investigators get so confused when Elder Nelson tells them he is from a desert (Las Vegas). They freak out and are like WHY AREN'T YOU BLACK?!
That's about it! I can't think of much else haha. No incredible stories this week.
Just a regular solid week in Ghana. Love you all!
Keep up the reading!
Oh! Also, you know how missionaries are always compared to the stripling warriors? Well, in the B.o.M., even the stripling warriors receive missionary "packages". See if you can find the quotation ;)
Love you guys!
Bye!
-Elder Gagne
