First of all, I can't send pictures this week. We couldn't go to town so we are just at a local cafe that has like 5000 year old computers with only floppy drives. Yeah. That old.
Second of all Tuesday was the worst day on my mission so far for 2 reasons:
1. Only 1 lesson DIDN'T fall through and it was with Deborah.
2. A thief stole my scripture bag/scriptures right from my hands while I was walking home at night. I was actually right next to the ward building (we walk by it on the way home) which is right on the main road when all of a sudden some guy YANKS the bag out of my hands so I turn and before I actually register that it's a random kid my head first thinks, "Oh stupid zone leaders probably pranking me." But then I fully turn around and it's this kid running away with MY BAG in HIS HANDS so I just yell HEY! (I should've yelled thief because if you yell thief literally everyone and their grandma will run out of their houses and BEAT the thief). So I start chasing him and then Elder Nelson turns around and runs after me and passes me and we chased him through the sidestreet for a while but then Elder Nelson lost him but I saw him round a corner so I took the lead but then we lost him. So yeah. I was EXTREMELY EXTREMELY angry. They were my baptism scriptures ugh! I was so upset!
But the mission bought me new ones (actually they only payed for 2/3 of it. I had to pay the rest) so I've started re-marking EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN UGHHHHHH. And no I need you to please send me another small copy of my blessing just like before because he got those too. The only things that were stolen were my scriptures, the ghana keychain, my daily planner, and the case (my blessing was with my scriptures). It definitely wasn't the kid we took the cane from (Brian's referring to taking a cane away from a kid who was beating another child). The kid who stole my scriptures was probably in his 20's and he only took it because I'm white so he figured it would have money. The kid we took the cane from was like 7 or 8 years old.
Haha thanks for saying I have a different speech pattern.....just kidding it's alright. I think it'll be so sweet once all of the amigos get home and we will ALL talk different. I'll have Ghana brofo, Aaron will have a portugese accent, and Jacob will talk like a valley girl HAHAHAHA. Also, can you update my blog with just some highlights from us talking on Skype? If you haven't already, that would be really cool :)
I got the packages. 3 more packages already?! Thanks you guys. Seriously I can't thank you enough. I have one more request though....(heehee):
-a GREEN laser. Like the powerful one. Our zone leader has one and the peoples reaction to it is SO funny! They think it will burn them hahahaha!!!!
Also yesterday I ate a fisheye. Yup. Just popped it out and chopped it. It was actually not bad at all. We were invited by the bishops second counselor for dinner on new years and it was pretty solid.
Okay so in Ghana, blasting music SUPER loud is totally acceptable at all hours of the day, so sometimes we get to hear American music (VERY VERY rarely). But so far some notable songs I've heard are:
-Numb by Linkin Park
-New Divide by Linkin Park
-Take my Breath Away (Dad will like that one)
-Kiss from a rose by Seal hahahahahaha
Also, no no no dabi dabi dabi, don't worry about me getting frustrated with the people. Yeah we get frustrated but it's kind of in a lighthearted way. Just don't worry about how we are dealing with the people, because no they didn't say anything about it in the MTC, but there really is only 1 way to deal with some of the people. Trust me they don't get offended or anything. We always are telling them how much we love them and care about their salvation, they just sometimes need a push to understand how dire their decisions really are. Because yes, even the Stake President gave a talk about how the culture needs to change if they are to accept the gospel. He talked about it A LOT. Like how the church shouldn't be trying to adapt to the culture, but how the church should BE the culture people are being invited into.
If I want another keychain I gotta buy it myself because it wasn't supplied by the mission to begin with. And I don't know, maybe he will give them back. At least I had hoped that for the past week, but in Ghana, when things are stolen they generally end up being sold at a market. So maybe one day I'll see them for sale at a vendor in town. And also, he most likely can't read english (only about 5% of the people here can read english so getting them to receive revelation through the Book of Mormon is very difficult since the ones who can read usually only can read very very simple english so they can't understand the Book of Mormon. And it's even harder because less people actually read Twi than English. So basically people speak Twi and read English, but can't speak english or read Twi.) so he won't know anything other than OH CRAP I HAVE STOLEN A BIBLE!
Yeah it's all good. And no I don't need a new scripture bag, the zone leaders like me so they were able to get the Assistants to dash me a bag too. But it's kind of a cheap one. Oh well. I really decided I don't like quad's either....I miss my triple
Gotta get off now actually! Love you. Bye!!!!
