My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, March 26, 2012

Epic Dessert Time!!!!

Hello again family!

Yes they were all very happy to be baptized, and we have visited each of them since the baptism and gave them pictures and they each expressed thanks for helping them to find the truth. It was so extremely touching. They are all really sincere and serious about their decision. None of them are the type to wobble or let themselves be tossed by temptation.

Sweet I'm glad you already knew about indexing! (Elder Gagne is referring to indexing of genealogy records) Tell Jen to do it. It sounds interesting and I think it's very very important. By doing indexing you are fulfilling prophecies. It's true! So tell Jen to DO IT BECAUSE I SAY SO! :)

Haha I've heard of Big Bang Theory. A lot of my college friends and even some of the missionaries here love that show. I had always meant to check it out! I'm glad Dad found ANOTHER nerdy show to like hahaha.

WHAT DVR?! Man everything is going to be AWESOME when I come home! I can't wait. I've told so many of the older missionaries about Walking Dead because none of them were home to even hear about it. They all are like, "No way bro! I gotta check it out when I get home!" I'm excited to see it all when I get back! (Almost 1/4 done already!)

Congrats to Jen for making it into AP english! Now let's just pray she gets Mrs. Meskutovitz! <--I can't remember if that's how it's spelled haha.

Yeah mosquitos really are not bad. I haven't even used spray once. I get maybe one bite a week. No big deal. They only come out at night and they can't get through the net so really the only times I get bit are when one of my bare hands or feet are touching the net because then they just bite right through the net.

The ground absorbs rain really fast here in Kumasi, so not many puddles (although there will sometimes be some places with BIG puddles). But the ground gets pretty muddy for the next day.

The water situation is resolved. Man that's a story what happened there haha. We ended up going 12 days without it. Honestly it's not as bad as you think. Drinking water wasn't the problem. We can just buy sachets (that's about 80% of what I drink anyway). What was annoying was washing dishes, clothes, and showering with sachets. But the maintenance guy came and put a new pump in. BUT the problem wasn't our pump....the people in our compound turned the valve to our house on the polytank off. So when he came he was like, "your valve! It is off! Why?!" And we were just like, "It is?! Someone must have turned it off!" and he just goes, "AH! These people." So now that we have a pump, bucket lady (the one who just fills a billion buckets a day) can't make our pressure go away when she fills buckets. We just turn the pump on and SHE looses pressure! PAYBACK! Haha

As for right now I'm not craving anything :P Thank you for the EFY medley! That'll be sweet! :) As for what to put in the packages, use your amazing parental knowledge to pack what I like haha. I'll be happy with anything from the states. Oh, one thing though, could you send me some Zebra pens? They're the ones I brought with me that you guys got, and for some reason most of the missionaries here use them....I really like them and they last a LONG time and fit perfect in my shirt pocket. They're called Zebra F-301 BP. If you could find them at like Walmart or something like that it would be sweeeeet.

Transfers were SWEET! I miss Elder Holder a ton, but I'll see him again someday. If not during mission then at least I'll see him on the flight home! (By the way our release date is October 30th 2013) As for living with the Zone Leaders, it's pretty sweet! Things in the apartment have changed A LOT but it's good. They both have washers so that's plus 10000000 happiness points for me. I'll be using them tonight :D I'm so excited! Elder Hatch and Smith are both way chill. Elder Smith is a bit of a neat freak so he freaked out a bit at our apartment. Apparently our apartment is dirty. But we wash it and clean it EVERy monday. Whatevs. I guess there were a couple rooms that had been neglected I'll admit haha. Namely the work-out room and laundry room (work-out room is the most important for him too haha. He's like Elder Nelson was. Not as big as Nelson, but definitely more athletic.). Perks of living with ZL's? -Get mail quicker -Get supplies quicker -Lunch with the Zoll's more often.

I'm glad you guys are still all reading the scriptures every day. Keep at it! I know God is blessing everyone a lot for what I'm doing and it gives me a lot of joy.

Items from my week:

- EPIC DESSERT TIME IN GHANA DESERT!!!! For Elder Holder's last night in
Asuoyeboa we bought 9 fan-ices, and donated stuff from home to make this epic dessert. I donated some M&M's, Slade donated Oreos, Holder donated Snickers and hot chocolate mix.

- All 4 baptized were successfully confirmed yesterday wooo!!

-I just sat down on a curb with Elder Slade while we were proselyting to rest for a minute and like 10 kids walked over and asked us to teach them. It made me think of what Jesus may have felt. Then after we taught them all (only like 3 payed real attention haha) I got a picture with all of them that I'll send to you as well. THEN on Sunday one of the kids showed up at church! It was so cool! So we went to see him after church and taught him and gave him a BoM and a "Testimony of Joseph Smith" Pamphlet. He can read pretty well so hopefully he understands. We told him to share with his mother too. (We had met her briefly and she sounded somehow interested)

The Wheeler family From left to right: Elder Hansen (wheeler's grandson) Elder Holder (Wheeler's son) Elder Wheeler (the patriarch) Me (Elder Wheeler's grandson) Elder Slade (Elder Wheeler's great grandson)

That's basically it for this week! Not much else really happened. Talk to you next week! Love you all.
Elder Gagne