Hey family!
So yeah...I forgot my camera this week so I can't send pictures :( Hopefully I will be able to next week! I have pictures from the baptism yesterday! We baptized Daniella, Janet's sister and Elizabeth's sister in law. She's only 14 but is WAY smarter for her age.
Sweet guys thanks for the packages! They are definitely spirit raisers every time I get them, haha. The Zone Leaders said that both Slade and I have packages we'll get on Thursday so I wonder who could have sent me one???
YES getting at the bucket lady was awesome haha. We waited until she was filling up her buckets one day and as soon as she started we turned the pump on and peeked around the corner of our door to watch her and she was looking at the spicket all confused it was hilarious. But then we turned it off and she just went back to filling her millions of buckets haha. Also taking showers has definitely been amazing...
Jen is already busy like crazy how could she handle even more?!?! Holy cow she better get rewarded for all this stuff she's doing academically wise.
Sad to hear Seussical ended! At least it was fun for everyone (minus the stress) and it was a good show! Sad I missed it!
NEW CEILING FAN?! Man when I get home everything is just going to be so crazy awesome and new haha.
Good thing you sent me the pictures of the flowers before the cold spell hit!
Colin is going to Salt Lake?! that's so so so so awesome. Lucky guy.
Oh my goodness when I get home I'm going to make fun of Jacob SO MUCH. HE. IS. SO. SPOILED. Massage on mission?! I just told Slade, Hatch, and Smith, they all laughed and were like, "HAHA well....if you REALLY wanted one you get probably get one here...."
Yeah I'll send you the giant trees pictures along with other next week! I don't have any pictures of me pounding fufu but i do have pictures of me fetching water. Hopefully someday I'll be able to get a picture of me pounding fufu. Slade might have taken one yesterday but I'm not sure. He doesn't have his camera either. None of us do haha. We are actually not even dressed up because we are all going to a LEGIT b-ball game with a LEGIT Ghanaian team and we are hopefully going to cream them after we finish e-mailing! Then after he game we are going to Piri-piri. Everyone's favorite place in all of Ghana haha. (Elder Hatch is the one who set the whole game up. They've played against them before. Hatch was in the Ghanaian team captains area before he came here and I guess they like to play the Americans.)
The Zone Leader's washers just plug into the outlet, you put the clothes in the wash side, pour the water in up to a point, put in the washing powder, and turn the spin on for 15 minutes. Then we usually do 2 cycles of that, then put all the clothes in the dryer spin side which spin dries them REALLY fast in like 5 minutes. You take them out of there and just hang them up to finish drying! (They come out a little damp but not dripping!) I decided that now that I've been spoiled after I get transferred I'm going to have Elder Zoll get me a washer and I'll pay him.
Yeah we have a few strong new investigators!
Sonny: Just randomly came to church one day after talking with a member and he's a fashion designer haha. Very smart and spiritual. He already had the belief that there must have been more scripture than the Bible. After explaining how there's more scripture he said, "Yes! I always read about how Noah was on the mountain for 40 days and nights talking with God, yet he only received 10 commandments! I thought, wait, there must have been more said up there...so that means there are things that God has revealed that are not in the Bible! The Bible must be incomplete!" So we then explained how it's true, introduced the Book of Mormon, and explained how the Heavens are not shut, and they never will be. He is very interested :)
Charles: Also randomly came to church with his 3 children. He also has a wife and we haven't met her yet either. He's a super nice guy who in the middle of investigators class he just said, "I know this church is true. The teachings, they are all true. Ever since I came to church here 3 weeks ago, I have felt more happy and more joy." It was awesome. I just looked over at Elder Slade and I just had my jaw dropped and so did he. He'll be baptized soon.
Hannah: ALSO randomly came to church. She came because her mom had heard our church speaks English and Hannah speaks only English (I don't know why) so she came and has accepted baptism for the 22nd. We are very excited for her! She is super shy and quiet but she's a very sweet girl.
Items from my week:
- the baptism for Daniella
-Cleaned the apartment hardcore today
-I bought a sweet soccer jersey! Most missionaries come home with like 10 jerseys haha. They are WAY cool. I got a Chelsea jersey. Hopefully you'll see a picture of me in it soon. It looks way cool. I'll probably buy a couple more soon haha.
-Not much else! We've just been proselyting proselyting proselyting proselyting proselyting! Workin' hard! (Or hardly workin'!) Haha. I'm just really excited to play some b-ball today. It's been TOO long!
-Oh and I hit my 5 month mark on wednesday! WHOO! 5 MONTHS! Almost 1/4 done! How sweet is that? Only need to do this like 3 more times!:D
Anyways, love you guys so much. Thanks for all your support. I don't know what I'd do without your encouragement. Keep reading! Keep praying! Have FHE!
Love,
Elder Gagne
