My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, April 23, 2012

So Much Singing & So Much Fufu!


Hey family!

This one will probably be short since I'm focusing on getting all these pictures to you! Plus this week was not event filled at all haha.

No transfer news yet. Slade didn't get a call that he is training so I don't think he is. If he is going to train the call will be tonight.  But I'll tell you later in the e-mail why I think he isn't haha.


Think my muscles looked bigger in that picture from last week? Here's another one of me floating in the air and my muscles look way bigger in that one haha. (Not trying to brag buttt.....lol)

Here's one of my favorite pictures now - our jump picture! We all look so sweet.

Oh man if you guys could send the Ensign that would be awesome. We get the Liahona but it doesn't always have the same stuff. So that would be nice of you guys :)

Well Jen is doing better than I was in High School! So congratulations to her haha! I wish I could help her out too!

Whaaat you guys found my songs? Haha well I never showed them to you guys because I was a little embarassed about my singing. But when I come home I'm going to sing so much. It's all I do while I walk from Asuoyeboa to Tanoso everyday and from appointment to appointment. I try to remember songs from home lol. But don't get me wrong I don't let it distract me. I just miss music A LOT. Oh and of COURSE I'd love to do a song with Jen! I already wrote a duet that needs a girl singer so PERFECT.


No by all means landscape the yard! That would be cool to come home to an awesome looking yard.

You guys are the best with the packages :) No I don't need anything in particular. Thanks so much!

Elder Hatch is doing perfect. We are all just praying that his kidney stone doesn't move for 7 more weeks so he can go home to get it taken care of. (Did I tell you he only has a transfer left before?)

Items from my week:

-The sweet thing I learned this week was from the Old Testament Study Guide. I finished the Doctrine & Covenants study guide. Don't worry. I keep a pretty good study journal. So I'll be able to share all that once I come home in 18 months!

"Most Adorable Couple"

-We had our baptism for Hannah and Godfred yesterday! We are so happy for them. Godfred is Elizabeth's husband, she convinced him to learn and now they are the most ADORABLE COUPLE EVER. They asked us to take a picture of them together so here it is.

-Our P-day activity today was a fufu party! We all pitched in 2 cedis and went to Abuakwa to a recent converts house to pound fufu and eat it. Ohhh mannnn so much fufu and it was AMAZING. Fufu is probably one of my most favorite foods of all time now. I'm going to MISS IT.


-Okay so remember Esther, the recent convert? Remember about 3 months ago she had that vision of me with a new Elder that told her: "YOU NEED TO CHOOSE!!!!" ? Well, she has been in Accra since before Elder Slade even got here and she FINALLY came back to be here for a month to see us and so we met with her and I asked her if Elder Slade was the one in her vision. And she said, "Noooo no no....the other one, he was an African missionary..." Elder Slade will get transferred and I will stay and get an African companion. That's my prediction.

That's all for this week! I'll e-mail ya next week with news of where I'm going/not going!

Elder Gagne