My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Even When It Hard, I Still Love It

Hi Family!

Don't worry, when I come back things won't be boring anymore. :)

Proud of Jen for giving her talk! It's good to go with the bullet style, but something I've found, is doing it bullet style actually take MORE planning and study because you've got to know what to say without it right in front of you!

Safety for the Soul is POWERFUL! Missionaries here play that talk in apartments over and over and over. It's even nice to use parts of it with investigators (just tone it down a bit haha).

Mom, that is a cool spiritual experience! I'm also thankful that God is protecting you guys haha. I know He will continue to protect all of you also.

Aww sorry for Jen :( But things like that usually turn out for the better when you have faith. In the end, Jen will look back and say, "wow, it's good I didn't go somewhere else!" You never know who you'll meet, or what things could happen!

So weird to think Jen will be driving soon!!! I'm a little nervous for New York....

Items from my week:

-Had service project on thursday with my district. We weeded a farm for an investigator. He was very grateful. Dad, forget weeding by hand....CUTLASSES ALL THE WAY! We cleared (with only 4 cutlasses at work at a time) an area like twice as big as our backyard in 2 hours. I developed a cool skill, and also developed blisters hahaha.

- I got 1 package. It had shampoo and some snacks. Thanks a lot! I especially enjoyed the reese's pieces....SOOOO good haha.

-Our investigator is getting baptised next sunday! Finally a baptism! He's only 15, but very intelligent and his parents agreed to let him get baptised! He'll be a powerful missionary in the future.

-I read 2 Samuel 21:15-22 and I imagined it like when Aragorn fought the large troll in the final battle of the 3rd Lord of the Rings Movie hahahaha. Maybe Tolkien wrote it that way on purpose, since he based Lord of the Rings on Christianity anyway! (Gandalf=Jesus, the fellowship=apostles, etc...)

That's all guys! I'm still healthy and loving my mission! Even when it gets hard, I still love it. It's a nice challenge. I know the Lord sees my faith, and keeps me on the right path, and gives me strength. I'm always thankful to Him.

Love you!
-Elder Gagne