My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, March 11, 2013

Hit by Sandstorm

Hey family!

Yeah the rain slowed down. We only get it once in a while now. We even had a huge sandstorm hit us on our way home 2 days ago! Totally filled my mouth and nose with dust! It was AWESOME (in a....weird way).

Hey that's great you guys finished that movie about Joseph Smith (Prophet of the Restoration)! I'm glad you liked it and were able to gain new perspectives because of it. That's what it did for me too. I realized those same things! About how even the chosen prophet suffered so much. Only a tiny part of what I've had to face. So why can I not be just as faithful? My favorite scene is when he silences the guards and commands them to be still. Such a display of his authority.

SO yeah don't forget those talks and also don't forget to watch "Treasure in Heaven: The John Tanner Story".

Glad Jen is feeling better too :) Oh and also glad to hear Tango is doing well. He's only gotta make it 7.5 more months! Not too long at all!

Thanks again for the packages. It's always appreciated :)

Yeah the Pope stepping down was big news here. A lot of people were saying was things like, "if your pope is called of God who told him he could just decide to step down?" People weren't making fun of them like mocking them or jeering or anything, but people were asking them these questions. People here are very serious about their own churches. That's why anytime I go to teach someone I tell them we are not here to convince of anything, but just to share a message we know is true and invite them to act for themselves to know the truth.

Another Star Wars?!?!?!?! WITH THE ORIGINAL ACTORS?!?!?!?!  DFHILSUEGHFILUSGIEFUGIULG AWESOMEEEEE

Items from my week:

-Nothing interesting happened. But we have a mission tour coming this wednesday! Rumor was that Elder Holland was going to come, but it's Elder Dickson again. I probably will never meet an apostle on mission haha.

That's all folks!
-Elder Gagne