Hey family!
Wow that sounds like such an exciting trip! (referring to our trip to North Carolina for the wedding of his uncle in the Raleigh LDS Temple.) The way you
described it I felt like I was there! Such typical Sean moments hahaha. Can't
wait to meet my cousins and Michelle too! So happy they could be sealed. Even
how Sean said what he said in the sealing room when he hugged mom is so typical
I really did laugh out loud. Also very funny how Grandpa is the one who told
Sean he'd give him money for smearing the cake.
And Banku is awesome
food. I'm surprised Jason talked about banku (a nigerian dish that Ghanaians have
fallen in love with) instead of fufu which is the local Ghanaian food. Fufu for
Ghanaians is like Pizza or burgers for Americans. You can't mention American
food without mentioning pizza or burgers. Hahaha
Well, I don't have much
to reply to! So I'll just tell you some things from my week:
-Since last
week I was able to download a few conference talks, of course I got Holland's.
And I listened to it and it was powerful just as I was expecting. Holland ALWAYS
uses the New Testament for his talks. Almost EVERY single time he uses a story
from it. Have you guys listened to the other ones I asked you to listen to yet?
Or watched the other movies I asked you to watch yet? No more
slacking!!!!
-We had zone conference and it was AWESOME! Although the 3
hour metro mass (or we call it the "sweat-ro mass") ride to Kumasi and back was
NOT fun. Especially since I even had gas cramps.....but at zone conference
Tamale, Konongo, and Sunyani zones came. So not all the mission was there. The
things that President talked about were what I needed to hear. And what others
needed to hear. President talked about the scripture that says, "He that receiveth
my servants, receiveth me." And he expounded it beautifully. Most will instantly
think, okay sure. He who receives the Prophets will accept Jesus Christ. But
then he expounded how "servants" is anyone with any calling in the church. This
includes AP's, Zone Leaders, District Leaders, Senior Companions, Trainers,
etc... Then he showed how the oneness of the Godhead means that if you receive
Jesus Christ (the one giving the revelation) you also receive the Spirit. So
that was cool. Then he talked about "enduring to the end as missionaries". A lot
of missionaries in this mission start to "die" when they have only 1 or 2
transfers left. They start to say, "eh. I've served my time. I'm going to enjoy
before I go home." President was basically like, "YOU HAVE NOT SERVED YOUR TIME
UNTIL YOU ARE RELEASED." And then President spent the rest of the conference talking
about Teaching Skills. I realized that although I have come so far in improving
my teaching skills, I can't slack off on practicing them and honing them even
more now. It woke me up to the fact that I only have less than 6 short months
left to become the best teacher ever. So I'm going to study Chapter 10 of PMG
like everyday from now till the end.
That's actually the only event I
have this week. Nothing else interesting happened at all.
Anyways, glad to
hear you guys had a good week traveling to see Sean's wedding.
Talk to you
next week!
Love you all!
-Elder Gagne
