Yep, Bro. and Sr. Reiss are the replacements for the Zolls. They're very nice. But being in no-man's-land we don't see anyone from the mission too often haha. At that Sports Stadium nothing ever happens except religious "crusades" and concerts, so no, never heard a game there haha.
Yeah some kids took my property which was outside. So the next day we found them and the kid just delivered it immediately haha. That was like 6 weeks ago.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!! MORE CAKE FOR JEN!!!! Enjoy!
Items from my week:
-So.....I got in a bit of a scuffle..... So we take 2 taxis to get from our area to our
apartment and it costs a total of 2.80. On thursday night we got into one and the guy was taking us to the midway point where we get the second
taxi. On our way he asked where we are going and I told him. He then tried to convince us to take a
dropping (meaning he'll take us directly there for A LOT more money, instead of
a rout car price) and we said NO. So he got to town and didn't really stop like
normal at town. Instead he got to the station (station is not any
building, it's just where people stand on the street who want to go to that
area....) and starting picking up more people, which is normal. One woman asked for a ride to a place which is different from our place. As
she got in I told the driver, "Oh boss, please we are going to XXX"
And he got all mad and told the woman he's not going to her place and then started
complaining to us that we should have told him where at first. So we told him we
can get out then. But he refused to stop. We told him 5 times we can just get
out. He didn't say anything. He got to the place and said "Give me 5
cedis.". I took exact change (2.80) and offered
it to him. He wouldn't put his hand out, so I just put the money on his lap and walked away. SOOOOOO he decided to
chase me and grabbed my arm from behind to beat me. I was going to defend myself but I stopped.
Then I tried to get my arm out of his grip but he just held on. Then our town friends (they
love us :) ) came and pulled the guy off and started yelling at him. Someone turned to us and just said calmly, "just go. Just
go." The next morning we went to the people at the junction it all happened at
and talked to them and explained and they understood. But the guy apparently
exaggerated everything to them by saying I "threw the money with my LEFT hand".
Using your left hand for things in Ghana is disrespectful. I did NOT use my
left. I've never used my left in
Ghana to hand something to someone. I know the culture, and even in my anger I
would NEVER use my left hand. That was that. I know it could have
been avoided if I had just talked to him first. Sooo...I had to pray a lot for
forgiveness. I feel better now, but I need to be more calm in a situation like
that. I was just so fed up with getting cheated because people think white
people have money. (most whites who visit probably do have money, and they
don't stay long so they don't know prices so a lot of people try to cheat
them.)
-The next day a crazy guy followed us for an hour. We dodged him. Haha. MOM DON'T WORRY I'M FINE. THESE THINGS ARE NORMAL. We come across these things every day. Sorry I've never mentioned them before, but I'm coming home soon so now I can scare you with details! :D
President has faith in me and Elder White, and we have faith in God and in the fact that obedience brings forth the blessings of heaven. President is expecting a miracle from us. We hope we can deliver.
Love you guys! DON'T WORRY
BE HAPPY.
-Elder Gagne
