My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, August 19, 2013

"Didn't You See It's Raining?"

Family!

Yes, the new chapel is so great. At night we get freezing cold in there! Only problem is the bugs that are finding some way in. Not mosquitos, but these weird beetle things. They don't do anything. Just annoy us a ton.

As for members in our church group, there's 3. One is Bro. Justice, the group leader. Other than that there's only Sister Gertrude (Elder White's convert from before I came to Tamale), and Sister Belinda (moved here from Accra). So....sacrament passing is awkward haha. There's only 2 priesthood holders besides the person presiding (Bro. Justice), so Elder White and I have to bless it AND 1 of us then passes it to the 3 members and ourselves haha.

Oh in the packages don't worry about the taco bell sauce anymore. I don't think I'll make tortillas again before I come home. But yes to the BUFFALO WING PRETZELS. Hahahaha.

Items from my Week:

-President Holmes and Sister Holmes came to attend our Sacrament meeting this week. They both spoke well and talked about having a gospel centered home. The President feels that the circumstances are right for the group to grow. He said the ingredients for growth (so the Lord will feel comfortable preparing people in that new area) are good missionaries, good leadership, and good location. 

- On saturday one of our investigators surprised us by showing up at our door around 8 AM dressed up with his bible and when I opened the door I just said, "Brother XXX! How are you?" And he said, "I'm ready." I was confused. I said, "for what?" And he said, "Saturday is the day I usually go and preach, I was thinking I could come with you guys." We have never actually taught him, only contacted and struggled setting a specific appointment so this was a total surprise. He's a young guy, like 18 or 19. But I explained to him how before he can teach with us, we have to teach him what we are teaching others. He said okay and then came to church on sunday and then we taught him and he said he has a bunch of friends he wants us to meet! Truly, God is preparing people.

- Twice this week we got totally soaked by rain. We didn't care. We continued proselyting. It was funny because the first time, we were on the way to a shop and when we arrived they were like, "EY! Didn't you see it's raining?!" And we acted totally oblivious. Then the next day, we got beat even worse by the rain and it JUST SO HAPPENED we were on our way to the shop again. So we acted oblivious again, and now we have them all convinced that in the U.S. it doesn't rain so we don't know when it is raining until they tell us. (That's what I told them heh heh....)

Well, that's all guys!

Still facing challenges in helping people to commit to baptism, but my time is almost up. I know the Lord is pleased with my work here so far. I hope I can endure to the end!

Love you guys,
Elder Gagne