My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, May 28, 2012

They Will Never Have Fufu!

Hey guys!

Unfortunately I didn't go to town this week so no pictures because I am once again in a crappy lil internet cafe.

Darn those lucky Schenectady ward missionaries....they get to be fed hamburgers and hot dogs....WELL GUESS WHAT, THEY WILL NEVER HAVE FUFU SO HAH.

I guess it's alright that she's dating. But once I get home the requirements and values for Jen's boyfriends is going to skyrocket I'LL TELL YOU THAT! :)

Good I'm glad Jen is going to EFY. She will LOVE IT. It's still basically my most favorite week I ever lived of all time. Just pure spiritual fun.

Whoaaaa Peter Jackson amping up the FPS (Elder Gagne he is talking about the Hobbitt Movie - Instead of shooting the 3-D "Lord of the Rings" prequel at the  more standard rate of 24-frames-per-second, the  filmmaker has gone with the faster rate of 48-frames-per-second?) Hmmm that'll be very interesting to see. ARGH I HAVE TO WAIT 17 MORE MONTHS!!! :( By the way, today is my 7 month in Ghana! :D

Thanks again for the packages you guys are always sending :D

To answer your questions:

1. Don't worry. I go through my pictures (ALL OF THEM) like every sunday night to just enjoy the experiences over again. I'll remember them all don't worry.

2. Right now we haven't been trying to get many investigators because our teaching pool is already pretty full. The people here are pretty much exactly the same as my last area too. Pretty much anywhere you go in Kumasi is the same.

3. No new food places and no new foods that I've eaten :P Everything has been the same haha.

4. The ward here is small. It's only been a ward for like a year or so, so it's growing. Most of the members are recent converts. This area was pioneered by Elder Hernandez and Harrison so of course a lot of the members are the type who like funny guys (HERNANDEZ)....But the bishop is POWERFUL and VERY helpful. Along with the Elders Quorum President who turns out is the son of a family I knew very well in Asuoyeboa! So instant connection there haha.

Items from my week:

-After watching the 19 minute restoration video for the 30th time, I finally realized that the few brief clips where they show Oliver Cowdery, it's KIRBY HEYBOURNE!!!! Haha I can't help but think of Sons of Provo now anytime I see Oliver Cowdery for a few seconds.

-I was wondering if you guys could try to find these hand hacky sacks and send me one of those too. They're called "Myachi"s and if you need any additional info you can ask Dave Supplee. He's the master of those things. But I wanna get good before I get home haha.

-I'm getting sick of people asking why I'm not paying for stuff everytime my companion buys something. Just because I'm white. He'll buy something and they'll look at me and say, "won tu *item* ma no?"  Which means, you won't buy *item* for him? It ticks me off. But, I just ignore them or say, "muni sika" which means, I have no money.

-President Shulz called me. I talked to him privately, but he told me that when he told Sesay I was going to be his companion that I would be the senior companion despite him being twice my mission age. That made me feel really good about myself.


-Ernest our sweetest investigator comes to every single activity and every meeting. He's awesome. He's like a quiet Kader. At one activity, the lights were out, so we all were just sitting there chatting instead of watching the church movie, and I talked with Ernest about the Church and Joseph Smith for like an hour and a half. He loves learning and studying like me so I just taught him all of this cool stuff about the church and Joseph Smith and he liked it all a lot. I love forming these bonds with people!

That's all from my week though! Love you guys. You're all the best.

Tell Jen I'm sorry I couldn't write her back yet. I don't have time :(

 -Elder Gagne