My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, June 11, 2012

Who Lives in Kumasi, Stays in Kumasi!

Elder Gagne, Ernest, Sophia & Elders Sesay & Thompson
Hello family!

Yep I'm still feeling very good!

Yeah the packages have arrived, but not into my hands. The zone leaders told me they have 5 packages for me so I'll be getting them tomorrow. Thanks for all the packages guys I love you! :D<3

I even bought a box of betty crocker white cake to bake in our oven so don't worry. I'm having a LEGIT birthday cake :D Thanks for the idea though! I'll probably use the candles for my REAL cake though.

That's right! Only just under 1 year until we are all back screaming at the TV playing Super Smash Bros (whatever the new one is that hopefully comes out before we return).

Congrats to dad for getting a raise! See, you are receiving blessings all the time! :D

WOW if even NY is a little tipsy turvy then maybe my vote WOULD count! :D I'm really hoping Romney will win. All the Ghanaians want him to win too. They're all VERY disappointed with Obama. 

Yeah only 2 of the 4 were baptized on saturday, but it's because the wife of Abraham had to travel to an "emergency funeral" so they postponed their baptism for the next saturday to be baptized together. But Ernest and Sophia were baptized! I'll send pics.

MISSION SPLIT WOHO! It's on it's way! Today was transfers and noone in all of my zone (Dichemso) got moved at all. So basically, everyone who is in Kumasi now is going to be in Kumasi mission 3 weeks from now. We also think that this transfer will be only 3 weeks instead of 6, because they are moving the schedules to match Accra for various reasons. (I think I already explained that before ana me bwa? Me'n kai....(do I lie? I don't remember))

Items from my week:

-I had all of my shirts tailored. It only cost 4 cedis total for all 7. Remember how big they were on me? Well now they fit nice and perfect. It has completely changed the feel of my mission haha don't ask me why.

-I bought a sweet leather shoulder bag for only 12 cedis last week. It's much better than having a backpack and it's more Ghanaian style (Ghanaians don't use backpacks, usually only shoulder bags). I really like it. I now have 2 hands free when proselyting and I can carry extra stuff :)

-THE BAPTISM! I'll send the pictures but man getting the baptism to happen was funny. So we all arrived at the Dichemso Stake Center (they have a font, Kronum doesn't) and the power was out. The generator was also spoiled. So no pump to get water in the font. However it had been working for a few minutes so the water was knee deep. We were going to just have a kneeling baptism where the person sits in the water and the baptizer kneels and lays them down. It's been done before in this mission A LOT haha. But then they found a hose that reached from a well to the window of the font so we filled it with that. Then we had the baptism!

That's all guys!
Love you so much. Talk to you next week.

-Elder Gagne

 P.S.- I'm sending that 4 gig card with A day in the life of a GCCM when I was with Slade. I included a letter and 2 maps of Asuoyeboa area for your reference!

ENJOY!