My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot Tamale?

Don't Worry Mom, It's Stable
Hey guys! Maaha! ete sen?

Me paw'kyew ain (Please yes) I'm staying in Kumasi! I'm very happy about it. Trust me haha. But who knows, the church is planning on going north to Tamale so maybe I'll be one of the pioneers of that city! (3rd largest in Ghana, but also HOTTTTTT)

Yes, our companionship is very relaxed.  He's so funny. We have so much to talk about (being from different cultures, although from what he describes, Sierra Leone is more like America than Ghana haha), and he's flexible, he's a powerful teacher.

Yeah actually only 2 packages got here. The other 3 will probably come up on Wednesday when President Shulz comes to say his final goodbye. We were SUPPOSED to have a mission tour with Elder C. Scott Grow of the Seventy but he apparently isn't coming so it's just going to be a goodbye to Shulz. Our new president (Holmes) looks cool and he's an obruni from South Africa! He apparently has a sweet English accent and everything haha.

Aww tell Grandma thank you for the gift! YEAH! The Dollar is worth A LOT currently. I'll be able to buy a lot of nice food with lots of extra cedis!

YES the shirts fitting well makes me feel like a better representative of Jesus Christ. I don't feel shabby anymore haha. Yeah the guy who did it for me was one of Elder Kato and Thompson's investigators, but that's the normal price of it anyway :) Tailoring is a very common job here since clothes spoil so fast. Therefore it's cheap because they get a lot of business.

Yeahhh well, they (American stores) don't have shoulder bags like the one I bought here that are cheap. Serious. There's just so many lost treasures in the central market of Kumasi. This bag would probably cost a lot more back home. You know all the stuff people donate to Salvation Army and stuff? Well I'm here to tell you that stuff DOES in fact make it here, and it IS bought and used by the common people haha :)

Nope my sunglasses are lost but I decided not to buy another pair for 2 reasons. 1. Cheap sunglasses only damage your eyes more, because without REALLY good UV protection your eyes only take in MORE UV light as they dilate. 2. They just make my face more hot and sweat more and it's annoying to wipe sweat off my face while wearing sunglasses.

Wow interesting dinner and a show haha! My shows as I eat dinner are usually things like chickens making more chicken babies or goats stampeding down the road haha.

Whaaaat Tango's fighting with other dogs?! Silly Tango. Hopefully he isn't eaten by them before I get back!

From what the Bishop of Kronum has been telling me (he likes American politics lol), a lot of independent research has been done on what Mormons really believe and all the results are making people understand that we are Christians.

Whoaaa with that new technology maybe they'll discover some more proof of the ancient Nephites and Lamanites!!!! :D (referring to a article that archaeologists may have discovered the lost city of Gold in Honduras).

Items from my week:

-Sesay was sick almost this entire week. He had a runny tummy.  So we only had a total of 6 lessons.

-Only cool thing this week was Abraham and Boatemaa's baptism! I'll send pictures :)

Well, that's basically it haha. Sorry not much happened this week.

Oh, Mangos are the BEST.   Just sayin'.

KLOVEUBYE.

-Elder Gagne.