Haha I know you guys were exaggerating I was only kidding around haha. I'll make the stew when I come home of course! But to be honest it's really nothing special. It tastes like anything we'd make back home.
Yeah I heard from Elder Reid (from Colorado) about that whole thing. Sounded terrible. Crazy people in this world....
MAN everyone is leaving Schenectady ward! By the time I get home there'll be no-one left!
Glad Jen decided to go to Youth Conference! She'll enjoy it. As for advice, mine is for the Especially For Youth (EFY) conference. Tell her to talk to everyone (she won't have a problem with that haha) and to make good friendships. EFY is where I met Schuyler, Kim, and Errin (Nick Ahern's wife) so it really was a lifechanging event for me. It's like a mini-mission. Remind her about how I felt after it was over, how it was weird to be so spiritually high for a week and then to come back down. Tell her to do what they teach: Always study, always pray. DAILY. It really helps make the experience last longer. I ended up getting out of the habit of studying every day but maybe she can make it last better than I did!
Mom, I'm pretty jealous of how you gave those missionaries cake....THEY DON'T NEED ANY MORE SPOILING HAHAHA
Items from my week:
| Baptism Day |
of August (We have 3 more we are currently preparing for that day!). But like 6 members came along to Dichemso to witness the baptism so that was good. A few missionaries also came to watch.
After the baptism was a wedding at Always study, always pray. and we had been invited so we just decided to stay! Haha. It was really cool! It was just like a normal American wedding except with Ghanaian pop music instead haha.
-On Sunday we got 8 new investigators!!!! 4 members brought referrals and Emmanuel (different from the one baptized. This Emmanuel is the guy I mentioned who is from Virginia in my last e-mail) brought his family! He wants to baptize them before he leaves on the 4th of August so we set their baptism for the 31st and we are rush-teaching them so he can baptize them. And then afterwards we will go back over everything so they can really understand. But Sakina brought her husband to church (first time meeting him! He also came to her baptism) and her brother. Hopefully they'll both be willing to meet with us! Kronum is a powerful ward. We had 12 investigators at sacrament meeting! And that was just ours alone, the other companionship in Kronum had 1 or 2 themselves. So right now, our building is FULL! And it's like 30% investigators, 70% members! Everything workwise is going SUPER AWESOME. I love Kronum! The members all want to help out.
-I took out half of the birthday money this week so I can enjoy soda and stuff like maybe 1 a day.
-The railing looks great dad! I can't wait to see the finished product!
That's all from my week though! I love you guys. Keep praying everyday and studying together as a family! It'll bless you guys a lot :)
Love,
Elder Gagne
