My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Jenni!

Hey family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!  I'll write you a letter! It'll get to you late but better late than never right? (Mom I'll send one for you in there too :) )

Well one of our converts was a referral from his brother (Simon) so his brother was able to baptize him and we just had him baptize everyone else too.

Haha no I'm really NOT that good of an artist :P I can't draw anything that's living. Everything else is easy because I just have to use a ruler and draw lines.

Yeah it was a sad day for some Ghanians (referring to the death of the Ghanian president). ....but the new president is just the Vice President until the election this fall.

YAY Jen had a good time at Youth Conference and made friends! Proud of her :) I know she will LOVE EFY. And if she takes my advice she'll love it even more than I did. Besides this mission, it was the most spiritual experience I've ever had.

Yeah I heard from a couple Elders about the Olympics so far and they talked about how Phelps got destroyed haha.  But nah people here don't seem to care about the olympics whatsoever. I've never even heard someone mention them.

Thanks for the packages guys! I even found a scripture in Helaman that talks about the Stripling Warriors and how their families sent them supplies while they were out haha. I immediately wrote in the margin: "Missionary Packages". I can't remember the exact quote right now though.

Exactly! The way the world is turning to apostasy is just signs of the times. But, at least we can rest assured that no matter how wicked around us becomes, the Church will not be taken from the earth again. This is the last time we need to face apostasy. Although, it won't be easy, and even the most elect will be fooled. But, as long as a band of Christians remains faithful in the land then Zion will eventually be established.  I know everything will be alright if I just remain faithful. And that goes for everyone.

Items from my week:

-I need more fine tipped pens. Try to find different ones because these ones run out REALLY fast and if I write with them for more than 10 minutes straight it's like the ink is slow to come down or something because it'll just stop writing for a while. But they are nice pens so thank you for them :)

-Can you send more cough syrup? I have had like 5 or 6 colds now and I used all of my cough syrup. If you can't send it it's okay I can just get some from a pharmacy and it's cheap but I'm not sure how effective it will be.

- On Wednesday we went to one of Elder Kato and Thompson's recent convert's school opening 5 year anniversary ceremonies. He's a teacher at the school and he gave us an invitation to come as guests of honour. It was really cool and they even did tribal dances. After every performance the children did they stood there and asked for money from the audience. Apparently it's a custom for schools.

-Last night I had some time alone in my room and I felt prompted to pray. I felt so grateful for everything I had and as I prayed for a variety of things I was given the same desire the sons of Mosiah were given in Mosiah 28:3. My whole mission I've wished I could care about these people the way that they did and finally I thought of the sons and daughters of God being lost and not being blessed to have been born in the Gospel as I was and so I realized how great my job is. How amazing this opportunity is for me. And how blessed I am to have received the Holy Priesthood. It means I did something right in the pre-existence. But anyway, I gained a new and improved testimony last night and it was powerful and I felt literally "encircled in the arms of God". It was really a wonderful experience for me. I have a renewed desire now. I'm excited :)

Well guys, that's basically it! Can't wait to e-mail again next week!

Love you all!
-Elder Gagne