My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, August 27, 2012

"Testimony of Mission"

Hey guys!

I don't have much that happened this week at all. So I'll make it short this week.

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm extremely jealous you guys saw the ocean :( I miss the ocean so much!

Oh yeah I feel 100% better now. The strepthroat is completely gone, just a small cough left. Thanks for your concern though! I didn't miss a single day of proselyting either :) So my Patriarchal blessing is still true, and I believe it will be throughout my life!

As for my socks and shoes....I've only ripped like 3 pairs so i still have plenty. And I was planning to talk about my shoes this week too haha. I've only worn one pair of my ecco's so far my whole mission. I hate the sandals I brought so I sold them to an Elder for 8 cedis. Hope you don't mind. But as for my ecco's, they're holding up extremely well. I can't wait to bring them home as what we call our "testimony of mission". The bottom treads are almost finished, and part of the heel has holes that rocks dug, I made the stupid mistake of removing the rocks.... now it's filled with more rocks haha. But my goal is to make them last until October 28th, then I'll switch to my new, unworn pair. And I'll bring home 2 pairs of destroyed shoes as a testimony.

Soooo basically we've been having a rat problem. Elder Sharma saw it run into a corner so we both got poles (I had a broom stick) and started jabbing at it. It ran out and towards the refrigerator, so I threw the broom and it turned back around so my companion caught it under his foot! So I jabbed the stick into it's back and it didn't die. So I mustered up more courage and got it.  But I was super proud we finally got rid of this pest. it's been eating our bread and stuff!

I won't even include items from my week because nothing happened haha. I hope you guys enjoy your week! Miss you a lot!


Love you!
-Elder Gagne