My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Methinks It Is!

Hey family!

Yeah I do love the bikes. But only because this area is so perfect for them. Not so crazy bumpy like previous areas. And no hills either.

Has the power gone out yet? Guys....this is Ghana we are talking about.....lol.

The work here is much slower. Penkwase is a branch, where about an average of 15-30 members come each week. The only difference between Sunyani and Kumasi is that there is NO traffic here and it's quiet. That's basically it.

Got your packages, not grandma's letter. Thanks SO MUCH for the stuff in the packages!

2 stories about meteors/asteroids? Hm....in ONE week? End of the world wo ho (wo ho means "is there" in Twi. Usually for humor we'll say things like, "Second coming wo ho." or "Pizza wo ho." or "Storm wo ho."). Is it not fulfillment of prophecies saying that the stars shall fall from the heavens? Methinks it is!

Items from my week:

-Have you watched the talks I recommended yet? Well, if not, I have another one to add. Watch the CES devotional from Elder Holland called, "Israel Israel God is Calling". IT'S SUPER POWERFUL. He gets angry haha. I love when he yells, "We NEVER check our religion at the door!" The way he says it is like righteous indignation of a stern father haha. Also listen to "Safety for the Soul" and "The First Great Commandment". Elder Holland is just too much.

-We are working hard and trying our best but things are slow. I am praying hard the blessing will come. God is definitely testing my patience.

-We do have one baptism next week (hopefully).  He comes to church every week, and loves the Gospel and even wants to pay tithing, and also is excited to be baptized,

That's all though! Nothing interesting really. Love you all! And Jen, good luck on getting into Fredonia! I'll pray for your success haha. But remember, if God knows it would be better for you to go somewhere else, despite your own desires; He knows best, and you should humbly submit to whatever place you are blessed to get into.

-Elder Gagne