My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, February 25, 2013

I Will Keep Records the Rest of My Life

Hi family.

The heat is pretty bad lately it's true, but at the same time the way the weather is behaving it's like it wants to rain. So the Harmattan is almost over. I am trying my best to be obedient, and I know the blessings will come. It's not easy to be patient (especially when the thing you're being patient for is the salvation of people's souls), but everything that is happening is according to the wisdom of God Who knows ALL things. I am learning A LOT on mission. More than I even knew was available to be learned. It's awesome. I make sure I always record everything. God's people have always been a record-keeping people, and that is, as I have said before, the thing I have gained such a testimony about on mission. I will keep records for the rest of my life. Records are something I can create, that will live on for generations and can benefit others and are valuable for so many things. My journals are now some of the most precious items I have in my possession. Almost as precious to me as the ONE RING is to Smeagol haha.

That is so weird knowing that Jen will have graduated High School before I come back. So happy she also made it! Sorry mom, this is the last child you have that will pass through high school :) So appreciate the moments while you can because you will never experience it again! (At least, not for your own children, but perhaps through my children or Jen's children)

THIRD CAR?! Sweet-ooooo! That'll end up being a big help then for us. I won't have to drive mom to work everyday anymore haha. Oh and as for me going back to school when I come home....I'm not 100% sure, because it depends on what HVCC will do. They promised me a spot when I come back. So, if I do have a spot in the film major, then I will go back to school in January. If not, then I will definitely work for a while first.

Oh yeah I did get the shirts and pants and they do fit. Thanks a bunch! I still haven't worn two of the shirts. I'm too afraid to make them not white anymore haha.

Colin is . . . (EATING A MEAL WITH AN APOSTLE MEANWHILE I STILL HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN AN APOSTLE IN PERSON hahaha)

It's true about the Priesthood. Some people are confused thinking the Priesthood brought the church and it's blessings, when really it's the other way around. The Priesthood is greater than all of it's offices. It is the source of power for all acts of the church and the members. Even the universe was created by the Priesthood. Whoa, I actually just thought of a cool doctrinal question to ponder about: What holds more power, Faith, or the Priesthood? Priesthood operates under the power of faith. Even Jesus Christ could not perform miracles for those who had no faith. So which is greater? I have to ponder about that for a while hahaha. I do this to myself all the time. I love these difficult gospel questions.

Wow I have not heard about the Accra mission split! That's cool! 58 new missions?! This missionary boom is exactly what needed to happen to further the work of the Lord. Second Coming wo ho. Gathering of Israel wo ho.

Thanks for the packages you're sending! But hey don't worry about the book light. The one I have is only slightly broken that's why I said not to worry about about sending another one. I barely even use it anyway. So maybe you could just hold onto it for now. Yeah I do need deodorant also, remember, not the gel kind, the solid kind works best. Preferably old spice haha.

Items from my week:
-We got 9 new investigators .

-There's one boy we are teaching who is 15 years old. President Holmes gave us the thumbs up to baptize him. He understand things better than an adult. He reads and comprehends the Book of Mormon. He already calls himself a member haha. He will be baptized March 24th, as long as his parents (who like us since I helped pound fufu once) give consent.

-President Holmes came to our Branch on sunday as a surprise.

-My companion is super quiet but pretty funny and very relaxed. I like him. We get along well and since he has never had a companion that knew answers to deep questions before, I am teaching him a lot of things haha. Like, not that I know EVERYTHING (I definitely don't know much in reality), but some missionaries don't like knowing the deep confusing things because it makes them confused, but some really like it. Especially me and another missionary in my apartment). He and I just ask each other questions all the time that force us to study a whole bunch of stuff to come up with answers. A lot of our questions have no answers (still waiting for a lot of things to be revealed!), but some we are able to find answers for. Elder Lebengwa (I MISS HIM!) and I used to do the same thing.

Not much else from this week!

Love you all!
-Elder Gagne