My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Monday, February 11, 2013

"Riding Around on Bikes"

Hey family!

Yes the transfer went well. Elder Slade and I, and another Elder named Elder Reid (not the one that I used to talk about, this guy is a new one), got to have a nice 2.5 hour metromass bus ride and conversation together. But yeah Sunyani is sweet! My companion, Elder Ojok, is very nice and obedient and quiet.

I wish I could have gone to Tamale! All the Elders were begging President to send them there. How cool would it be to say that you were the first missionary to open that place up?! Perhaps more will go once it grows.

Yes I'm far from the mission. Sunyani has been open for 2 years as an area though and has grown fast. Elder and Sister Thayne were here, but actually completed their mission today haha. They're flying home now! So I JUST missed them. And we definitely won't get one in Sunyani until after I even come home. The next couple that comes will go to Tamale, and THEN Sunyani is next. But couples are so rare to come. We'll see haha.

My apartment is nice. Better than Asuoyeboa, but not better than Kronum. (Kronum is best in the whole mission). There's no rats and the place is very clean. But small. And hot if the power goes out. I'm STILL in a 4 person apartment haha. Out of the 4 apartments here, there's 2 that have 4. One is for the sisters in Nkwabeng. One is Penkwasi. And that forms my district. Elder Slade and Larsen are in Fiapre (A TOTAL VILLAGE! Sorry for them hahaha!). And Elder Reid and Chiweishe are in Estates (basically in town). They are a district just those 4 as well. All 4 areas butt up against each other so we even can bike to each other's areas in like 20 minutes haha. Which reminds me, Penkwasi is totally a bike area. I've been using bikes. And it's PERFECT for bikes. Totally flat, not a single hill. And mostly paved roads. So nice. I don't even sweat much since it takes like no effort to bike around.

Don't worry about e-mailing. I don't know why people told me I might not be able to....in town there's a....somehow good cafe. Still won't be able to send pictures though. sorry :( Usually President keeps missionaries here 6 months, so maybe my last 2 months will be in Kumasi or Tamale. Who knows? :)

I don't think I got grandma's letter yet. But tell them I miss and love them too! Can't wait to share my experiences with them too!

That cucumber analogy was actually originally given by either Lorenzo Snow or Wilford Woodruff. I can't remember. But yes I love that analogy too! It fits perfectly. Too bad noone here knows what a pickle is lol. Or I'd use it all the time!

It makes me so happy that you were able to receive revelation like that! And especially the fact that you followed it and that mom had been having the same thoughts about it. Although we may never know what would have happened had you done something different than what was revealed, we can rest assured that it was the right thing, and that any other alternative would have resulted in a less desirable outcome. That's awesome! All I can say after hearing about stories like that from those who are members of the church is, the church is true!

As for me I basically already talked about everything I wanted to say about this area and the transfer sooooo.....I guess I'll just tell you guys what I need sent quickly since Sunyani doesn't have the same nice stores like Kumasi. I just need deodorant (I like the old spice solid sticks more than that gel kind), shampoo, and another small journal (the same kind you sent last time. The one like the little address book, except a journal). But that's all guys!
Love you all! God bless you :)

-Elder Gagne