My photo
Ghana, Cape Coast Mission (October 2011 - June 2012)
Ghana, Kumasi Mission (July 2012 - October 2013)
Currently in Tamale (Northern Region)

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Father and Son Reunited at Last

Hey family!

Well, this week I have BIG news. Probably the biggest I've ever had yet. So I'm going to forego replying to most of what you said. But I'll reply to some before breaking the news.

That news about going lower than absolute zero is HUGE! So many things are going through my mind right now. Just goes to show that every time humans think we know something, we prove that we don't know anything at all. God is probably up in Heaven all the time like, "NO! JUST MIX THAT CHEMICAL THERE AND THIS ONE HERE AND YOU'LL GET A TEMPERATURE LOWER THAN YOUR SILLY ABSOLUTE ZERO!"   He knows all things, and there is no thing save He knows it. He probably just laughs all the time when scientists come out with "facts".

Real life tractor beam?! WHAT?! The world is changing. I've always wondered what kind of breakthroughs I would witness in my lifetime, seeing how far the world has come in the last generation's time!

YEAH GO DANIEL! That's what I like to see haha. Tell Daniel I say thank you for stepping up to the plate when the game is on the line hahahaha.

Okay, so now for my news:

I'M BEING TRANSFERRED!


Now let me tell you a little story so you can see how crazy this was for me:

On wednesday last week I attended a District Leader Training meeting.  I heard that Elder Slade is going to be a Zone Leader in Sunyani! Since I figured that means I'd never see him again (who goes into Sunyani, never comes back from Sunyani....), I called him and we wished each other luck.

Then, come saturday (transfer news day), the Zone Leaders call and say, "ARE YOU READY FOR TRANSFER NEWS?!" I say yeah sure. So then they go, "YOU'RE GOING TO PENKWASE!" I was confused. I said, "Penkwase? Where is that?" They then said what I dreaded...."SUNYANI BRO!" I was like WHATTTTTTTTTT.

Sunyani is a big city (the capital) in Brong-Ahafo region. Far north of Kumasi. This means no more Vodafone. No more sending pictures. No Skype for mothers day (unless I figure out a way to come to Kumasi that day). And no more luxuries of stuff you find in town. Different Twi dialect.

My new companion will be Elder Ojok. He's from Uganda and I've served in a district with him before. He seems like a cool guy.  I'll still be district leader in Sunyani, and Slade will be my Zone Leader. (Only one district and one zone in sunyani).  He'll be coming on splits with me and at the end of the day giving ME constructive criticism, and will be training ME. Strange right? But we'll be reunited :) 

This is a new chapter of my mission. And probably the last chapter.

But anyway, Sunyani is a little bit bush, so I may not be able to e-mail each week. I definitely can never send pics again though. So please don't freak out if I don't e-mail a week or two.

Anyway, wish me luck!
your faithful missionary,
Elder Gagne